K9 Dressage titling competitions are sponsored by WCFO, Inc. both in live venues at selected events and through video competitions held worldwide many times annuall
Videos of the following K9 Dressage manual are available from the WCFO, INC in the NTSC/VHS format. Click the number to the left of the item(s).
1) This instructional video teaches you how to judge K9Dressage and also what is required for the sport.
2) A DVD titled "K9 Dressage, Teaching Dogs Novice and Intermediate Movements" by Sandra Davis is also available
3) Titling competitions must use the WCFO, INC K9Dressage Ring Signs for eligibility for titling. These signs are available from WCFO, INC
SETTING UP K9D FOR 40 FOOT X 50 FOOT RING
See the K9Dressage Manual for setting up the standard ring size.
SETTING UP K9D SIGNS FOR A 30 FOOT X 60 FOOT (9 X 12 METERS) RING
For a 30 X 60 K9 Dressage ring simply space the D, I, S and the M, W, F markers 15 feet apart. The K and L markers stay in the center of the 30' ring ends. And the X stays in the center between the I and W and K and L.
This has a very small impact on the performing teams. Sequences #1 and #4 will require 2.5 more feet of backing on each side of the ring, but 10 feet less heeling forward. The other sequences just mean a change in the angles of travel that will require a bit more forward heeling, which makes up for the 10 feet of less forward heeling of sequences #1 and #4.
Judging of K9Dressage by Certified Judges and Judges in Training.
Certified Judges as of 2008
When an uncertified judge in training is the official judge, All K9D competitions will be scored and titles granted/not granted by Sandra Davis & that uncertified judge.
The WCFO executive and Sandra Davis have agreed that these K9Dressage titling events will be judged in the following way:
- A uncertified K9D judge will judge the event live. Scores will be final for certified K9D judges only.
- A film of the competitor competing will be made during the event
- A copy of the judge's score sheets and the video will be immediately sent to Sandra Davis for review and final scoring. If Sandra is present at the event, she will work directly with the uncertified judge.
- Sandra Davis will consult with the uncertified judge on their scoring
- The final scores will be sent to the competitor along with any awards granted by Sandra Davis and the uncertified judge
This will enable all uncertified judges to receive direct hands on education from the creator of the sport. It will also insure that Sandra's goals in creating the sport will be reached and maintained, and WCFO goals of consistency in K9D titling will be met.
In essence, Sandra will be responsible for training all K9D judges directly and this will, in turn, insure that WCFO, INC certified K9D judges are all on the exact same page, in this technical sport.
K9Dressage Score Sheets (Microsoft Word format)
K9Dressage Score Sheets (Adobe Acrobat format)
*You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the above documents.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader you can download it here.